Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: Linger


Title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Published: July 13th 2010

Linger is told from the points of view of Sam, Grace, Cole and Isabel, and I found it very enjoyable! I didn't think I would because I thought the two extra narrators would take away from the main story but that definitely was not the case! Cole's point of view only serves to strengthen the story and further characterisation. Why not experience a nitty gritty situation through the eyes of the source?

So we are introduced to a new character in this novel - Cole St. Clair. He's a rock star who is thrown into the supernatural world when he is turned. He doesn't take to this change too well which makes for an entertaining read.
Isabel, the girl from Shiver who was the sister of a boy killed, changes in Linger, becoming more friendly with Grace and getting a little smoochy with Cole. It was nice to see her drop the snooty act, finally.

The plot for Linger was great, I enjoyed going through and solving every character's problems, being in their mind frame. While we didn't get as much Sam/Grace time like in Shiver, the events that occurred in this story kept me interested so I didn't mind missing out on the love!

The ending, like in Shiver, was a cliffhanger. I can honestly say that I can't wait for Forever to be released! I want more Sam and Grace!

 

So who's looking forward to it? Release date is set for July! 


 Another great cover, yes?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...