Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop/TGIF: 20/5/11

Another week, gone! Can you believe it? I'm honestly so relieved - finally some down time! What have I been doing lately? Read The Near Witch and loved it. Review will be posted in July! Currently 60 pages away from finishing Divergent and it is magnificent. They both are actually. Can't wait to share the love!

This weekly event is hosted by Parajunkee. The featured blog this week is Ninja Girl Reads.

Q. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...

1) I'm like a vampire. I hate the sun and I'm a night owl. I'm unproductive during the day and if you haven't noticed, I always read at night aka midnight to some time in the morning.

2) I speak/understand Mandarin, understand Cantonese and speak/understand/read/write Italian. I'd like to learn some French or Spanish too but that doesn't look like it'll be happening any time soon!

3) When I listen to music I imagine elaborate dance performances in my head. Every single time.

4) I'm deathly afraid of spiders. Even those teeny tiny ones that are like dots. I saw a small one on the floor once, jumped on a table and let out a horrendously loud scream/wail. I once picked up a large-ish spider (half mangled, since I had sat on it unknowingly) thinking it was a piece of string. You can imagine how traumatised I was that day.

5) Though I love books and all creative things, I'm very much a math/science oriented person. I like things to have one answer and kind of lose it when I have to come up with something imaginative or unique. *Dot point number 3 doesn't count!


Get involved with TGIF and check out other posts over at GReads!

What was the first book you reviewed on your blog?

The first review I posted here was of Vampire Academy! I had all of these reviews that I had written months ago and put them all up here while I was still finding my feet. Gosh, has it only been 3 months?


Grab the logo and start hopping! This feature was created by Crazy For Books.

If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?

1) If I were invincible, I'd go into the world of Divergent. I'd have an all-access pass, obviously. Definitely need to check out every faction! That'd be fun for just a day ;)

2) Hogwarts for the win! Just once in my life, i'd like to ride on a broomstick and do some cool magic tricks. *thumbs up*

~x-x-x~ 

How's your Friday been? Let me know in the comments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...