Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop/TGIF: 5/8/11



Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life. Was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?

I don't really have a book that really changed me on a personal level or helped me through a difficult time, but Twilight undoubtedly changed me as a reader. I used to pick up the occasional book, flip through, read series out of order and all around not really care. Books weren't a big thing for me - what's was so great about them? Twilight introduced me to the YA genre and I've been a massive fan ever since.

Regardless of how well or badly written it is, I can appreciate what it has done for many many other people. I am so thankful for having been introduced to reading, opening up a whole new world! Who knows if I would've ever found my way here without it? Would I be missing out on so many amazing things? *shudders* Scary thought.


Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?

Many books linger in my mind, well after turning the last page. Most of the time, it is because of captivating storylines or truly amazing characters, but sometimes there are those that really hit you in the heart. I must say Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. It was a real book, through and through. Real emotions, real conflict, real consequences...  <3

Book Blogger Hop

What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

Are you kidding me? This is tougher than solving a top-notch mathematical equation! Gah. I'm lusting over books such as Shut Out, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Kiss of Frost and Clockwork Prince! How am I supposed to decide? Close my eyes and point? Draw it out of a hat? Eenie meenie miney mo? Going with the final random draw, I got Lola and The Boy Next Door! If this is as good as the first, we are all in for a massive treat.



What about you guys? Which books really touched your heart and left a mark? What was the one book that really put you on the map, if any? If I let you loose in a big publishing warehouse, which book would you steal? Leave me your thoughts! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...